Hot water has become a crucial part of living and as such more plumbing contractors are improving their game to offer the equipment required for their installation along with the provision of the installation services. In the #Neighborhood #City the demand for hot water systems has been on the climb necessitating plumbing providers to invest more into the lucrative industry of hot water systems.
Call Us Today At 773-717-7550
Need A Professional Plumber In Edgewater-Glen
How Frequently Should Your Replace Your Gas Hot Water Heater?
If your hot water heater has the conventional storage-tank you can expect it to last for around 10 to 13 years. Newer models are more energy efficient and will give you up to 20 percent more in savings. That can amount to approximately $700 over the life of your new hot water heater. If it’s only a few years old, however, you may wish to simply repair the hot water heater.
How Long Do Hot Water Heaters Typically Last?
Older hot water heaters are far more likely to break down. Electric models will typically last for 8 to 10 years. Gas hot water heaters may have a lifespan of 6 to 8 years.
How Expensive Is A New Hot Water Heater?
A typical 40-gallon gas hot water heater will run from $500 to $700. If you’re using a propane hot water heater you’ll have a cost of about $700 to $900 and you must keep your propane in stock at all times or you won’t have any hot water.
How Expensive Are Tankless Hot Water Heaters?
While a tankless hot water heater will be three or more times the expense of the above-mentioned hot water heaters coming in at $1000 for an electric and $3000 for gas you’ll also have to ensure that you have a professional install it. They will take up a lot less space but you may have to spend as much as $5000 to have the installation of the hot water heater.
How Expensive Is It To Replace A 75-Gallon Hot Water Heater?
These will run you about $948 for 40 gallons and the average price ranges from $360 to $2800. A 50-gallon unit will run about $1211 and it may be as expensive as $1937. If you’re looking at a 75-gallon unit, you can anticipate paying $1300 to $2588.
How Expensive Is It To Repair A Hot Water Heater?
The size of the hot water heater that you select will greatly influence the cost of the repairs. It will take some time to repair it, you’ll have to empty it, maneuver it and the larger it is the more challenging this will be. It can cost anywhere from $122 to $171 to do repairs depending on the size of your hot water heater.
Being one of the leading plumbing contractors in the , we have consistently kept it our duty to offer our buyers with all the appropriate information regarding plumbing. YourPlumber-IL. com is committed to assuring that all our clients are presented with up-to-date information on any arising matters regarding their water systems. In this article, we shall largely be dealing with the troubles our customers face regarding their hot water systems.
Our clients have previously been facing difficulties in making a decision what type of hot water heater system to install in their houses. It is these challenges that have inspired the crafting of this post and we hope that by the end of the article, most of your questions and concerns shall be addressed. In our discussion we shall take a look at the kinds of hot water heater units that are available in addition to their installation procedures.
Water Heater Replacement In Edgewater-Glen Chicago
This is because we acknowledge that a few house owners would like to do the installation on their own instead of hiring skilled plumbers. The details provided here will also serve the interested individuals whose only desire is to discover the kinds of hot water systems and the instructions to comply with when installing them. Practical knowledge is also precious, right?
Find One of Our Other Locations: how much does it cost to install a water heater
There are primarily two types of hot water heaters; tank and tankless. A tankless hot water heater unit works by heating the water as it is needed. There is no storage element for the hot water. A tank hot water heater system on the other hand utilizes a hot water storage tank. We should also point out at this point that the advantages of tankless hot water systems by far exceed those offered by tank-based hot water heater systems.
Gas vs Electric Tankless Water Heaters Edgewater-Glen Chicago
The two types of hot water heater solutions can either be gas-based or electric-based. In the past, gas-based hot water systems were favored because of their relatively low cost of operation. In recent years though, there has been a switch in interest from gas-based systems to electric based units as a result of the drop in electricity costs and rising gas prices. Each of the two systems can compete favourably today meaning that the option between the two is determined by the homeowner’s desires.
Let us now cover each one of these systems in more detail.
Gas Water Heater Replacement
As we have already mentioned, gas water heater systems are very common even though the electric types are steadily achieving favor. Gas water heater solutions are of two types; tank and tankless. The tankless systems are more economical in terms of the energy usage because the water is heated on demand.
Tank solutions might yield more operating cost since the water stored in the tanks has to be heated periodically even when the need for hot water isn’t there. Replacements of gas water heater systems are necessitated by the discovery of leakages occurring in the pipes that convey water (both hot and cold), the storage tank in the case where you are making use of a tank solution, and in the pipes conveying gas.
Cost of Water Heater Installation Edgewater-Glen Chicago
The cost of a brand-new gas water heater solution goes from $150 to about $400. The services of a plumber can cost about $400. The following is the procedure for installing a gas water heater.
• Make sure you turn off the gas and water. The gas to the water heater can be turned off by turning the close-by shutoff valves a quarter turn.
• Deplete all the water from the tank. This ought to be done by attaching a garden hose to the drain valve so as to drain the water from the tank.
• Cut off the water lines by unscrewing the vent pipe from the hood and relocate to the side.
• Attach the relief valves by wrapping the threads of the pressure relief and temperature valve with three turns of Teflon tape.
• Connect the pipe assemblies followed by the water lines as per the instructions.
• You now have to reattach the vent. Make sure that it is shoved firmly over the hood and anchored appropriately.
• Attach the gas line using two wrenches.
• Once you are done, you should check out the work for any signs of backdrafting or leaks. Leaks can be checked by making certain that bubbles do not materialize at any of the connections. The leaks found should be sealed and tightened.
• The last procedure is to light the pilot light according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Electric Water Heater Installation
Water Heater Service In Edgewater-Glen
As pledged, we shall now take you through the installation process for the electric hot water installation. The method is virtually the same as that followed in the former case that we have just talked about. Electric hot water heaters can also be of two types; tank or tankless. The selection between the two will depend on the homeowner’s desire since their operating costs are pretty much the same.
The procedure is as follows.
• Switch off the power supply to the water heater from the main electrical panel or distribution point.
• Drain the water heater completely
• Cut off all electrical wires from the screw terminals specifically those located under the access panel. In the case where you lack abilities in electrical installations, you can always hire an electrician to sort you out.
• Proceed with the wiring of the system ensuring to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Check the instructions again now paying additional attention to the rating of the fuse or circuit breaker. Make sure that the rating of the fuse or circuit breaker is sufficient to handle the new water heater.
• See to it that there are no naked wires by checking the work and using a suitable insulation material on the cables.
In conclusion, the above simple procedures are what you will need in order to replace your old hot water system with a new one. Even though the procedures might look straightforward, they are in the real sense complex and it is often best to employ a professional to do the work.